Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Last Time...

They say, “There’s always a first time!”
Today I feel that there is always a last time as well!!

This Diwali is the “last” one for me in many ways than one…
First it is my last Diwali at my parents’ home… the last one before I leave for US… the last one as a spinster…
This Diwali I am leaving behind many doors, many faces, many thoughts, some dreams and some grievances… hoping never to look back and repent over what all I have left behind… coz I also know that this Diwali there are many “First Times” for me as well… and I am all raring to welcome them all with both my hands wide open! :)

Chhod aaye hum woh galiyaan!!!

3 comments:

Utsav said...

woh kehte hain na... faasle aise bhi honge yeh kabhi socha na tha ! The way you have described the situation, I bet I could never have imagined, esp. with the mention of this hesitant possibility of getting married. Simply written, amazingly expressed, I could feel the shivers while reading, even with this guy heart.

Rashmi said...

Thanks for the compliment utsav! Feels nice to get this one especially from a guy!

Utsav said...

:)
As I said I could never had felt it unless told. It reminded me of one of the best photos I'd ever seen. It was in an exhibition in SFO. The photograph was named as "Goodbye". I was so moved that I couldn't resist the urge to steal it into my phonecam. Certainly, goodbyes are the times you feel you'd loved everyone who came your way. Bahut rare 'kaash' aise hote hain jin mein hum waqt mein vaapis jaana chahte hain. Yeh goodbye ke time wala kaash unhi mein se ek hai !