He was a year senior in my high school. Tall, handsome and dark... well not really... He was tall, chubby and cute!!! I exactly don't remember how exactly I had a crush on this guy... I just somehow had it. I used to look out for him everywhere in school... classrooms, playgrounds, library and where not! Got introduced to him through a common friend of ours... used to feel shy talking to him, but nevertheless wished a lot to do that, to go to him and talk something... anything... Cant stop laughing through the entire phantasmagoria.. :)
One day he came to school with new specs on. Guess his eyes were diagnosed with Myopia. He was looking just sooooo cute in those glasses! I instantly felt that even I should have specs. The very evening I went to my dad and told him that I had a terrible head-ache since last some days and that I need to get my eyes checked... Funny na... We went to an ophthalmologist the same day. But to my dismay, very minute defect was found in my eyes and the doctor said that there is no need for me to wear specs... I was just soooooo disappointed, cant tell you buddies!!!
Hey but I continued my effort to get myself "bespectacled" some or the other day. Finally after two months or so... I was diagnosed with Myopia strong enough so as to have specs on... hehehe... I was the happiest thing on earth that day!!! Now when I see my pics in those stuppid glasses and two plaids of hair... I just cant stop laughing at myself... But I was very happy then! My glasses were my favourite possession since they were one common thing between me and him...
Had innumerable crushes after this one. Guess those guys were far more handsome... But this one... I remember very vividly... Guess it was the first one and hence a very special one!!! :)
One day he came to school with new specs on. Guess his eyes were diagnosed with Myopia. He was looking just sooooo cute in those glasses! I instantly felt that even I should have specs. The very evening I went to my dad and told him that I had a terrible head-ache since last some days and that I need to get my eyes checked... Funny na... We went to an ophthalmologist the same day. But to my dismay, very minute defect was found in my eyes and the doctor said that there is no need for me to wear specs... I was just soooooo disappointed, cant tell you buddies!!!
Hey but I continued my effort to get myself "bespectacled" some or the other day. Finally after two months or so... I was diagnosed with Myopia strong enough so as to have specs on... hehehe... I was the happiest thing on earth that day!!! Now when I see my pics in those stuppid glasses and two plaids of hair... I just cant stop laughing at myself... But I was very happy then! My glasses were my favourite possession since they were one common thing between me and him...
Had innumerable crushes after this one. Guess those guys were far more handsome... But this one... I remember very vividly... Guess it was the first one and hence a very special one!!! :)

2 comments:
Hi Rashmi,..I really enjoyed reading this blog. This recharged all my school days… I remember how we use to enjoy these things. !!! I remember your specs also… Our comments on your specs and specially “SWATI`s” .. and how you try to prove us that it looks good on you. Really Great…..:) :)
Hey Thanks Ash! :)
Even I remember those "Specs" conversations!!!
Great memories indeed! And ours was the best group I ever had!!!
Post a Comment