Saturday, May 10, 2008

Our Decisions...

We think over situations, we take some decision and then we act accordingly. Then for sometime we feel that that was the best decision we ever made in life!!! We start feeling proud of ourselves. We live with the thought that this was one right decision we made.

Then suddenly one day something goes wrong. At that time, that something is really small for us to think over and we finally end up ignoring it. We still maintain that that was indeed the best of decisions we made! Days pass by and we experience many such glitches and many such things that went wrong. Now we start doubting that was it really the right decision. But we still somehow keep on enforcing to ourselves with effort that that was indeed right…

Until one day when these glitches cross our threshold limit of endurance. Now we are forced to think why this decision is making us suffer so much? Was it the wrong one? Or are the circumstances being surly? Then for some days we fool ourselves by thinking that it is not the decision but the circumstances that are going awry… Foolish we!!!!

We keep on enduring these glitches for some time still…. And now they have grown to a large volume. We make them grow to this size. Then a time comes, one day, when we break down, shattered… We have no place to go… and suddenly that day we are able to completely convince ourselves that that indeed was the WRONG decision! This becomes the day of emancipation for us. Now we start making efforts to come out of it. If possible we try to reverse the decision. We try to go back to that self of ours that existed before making this decision. It’s a long process and takes a long time. But it takes us back to that stage when we were happy… for sure… J

I have experienced this… and now, after enduring those intolerable glitches and after realizing my wrong decisions, I am back to my bubbly self, thanks to the opportunity that I got to reverse all my wrong decisions!!! I reiterate I am God’s favorite child!!

2 comments:

Animesh said...

Nice one.The sooner one realizes it was a wrong decision, the better. Unfortunately, its difficult to let go. I keep them holding close to me, hoping they will be proved right someday. someday.

Rashmi said...

@aj...
Even I did the same until my threshold was reached...
Be assured, u'll definitely let go someday...
Speaking through personal experience! :)