Thursday, October 4, 2007

Nostalgia...

The most apt word for what I felt when I visited my school this weekend in my trip to Nagpur…
Somalwar High School, Khamla” That’s the name of my Alma Mater. That’s the place where I spent perhaps the best days of my life!!!
Well, most of the teachers who had taught us had already retired. Nevertheless, a few were still there whom I met and they recognized me at the very first sight! I could see the warmth on their faces in acknowledgement of my visit to them and the school.
They inquired of my present activities, of my fellow classmates and their whereabouts. They also had reminiscences of how nice our batch was… One of them said that our batch was an all-rounder batch with students excelling in all fields and that it feels great to see their students soar to such great heights.
For me, it was an altogether a new and enriching experience to rediscover my school. Now I feel all the more pride in saying, “Yes! That’s my school!” My school is something that belongs to me… forever!!!

0 comments: