Being into this bloggers’ world for almost a year now, I have visited quite a number of blogs… some interesting, some funny, some even reflective. Based on my observation, I can divide all these blogs into the enlisted categories:
1. Technical Blogs: These blogs are generally started by people belonging to IT community and the contents are mostly technical, focusing on a particular technology. I frequent these blogs when I need an answer to a particular programming related problem that I face in my day-to-day work. I must say these blogs help me to a great extent in solving such problems.
2. Poems and Prose Blogs: The creative of all blogs!!! Here amateur poets and poetesses dabble with words and I should certainly acknowledge that some outcomes are just superb!
3. Anne Frank Blogs: These are the blogs wherein the authors just record their daily experiences, be it there work, their routine or anything concerning their daily lives. Such blogs interest me a great deal coz I feel there is certain freshness in them since the posts have emerged out of the author’s first-hand experiences.
4. Anecdote Blogs: These blogs are a slightly different variation to the above mentioned “Anne Frank Blogs”. These are authored by people who think that not all mundane experiences are worth recording. So they’ll record only certain daily activities that they feel are special in some or the other way.
5. Sporadic Blogs: Another subset of “Anecdote Blogs”… in that the posts flow in irregularly and between long intervals. Guess my blog has started to fall in this category, though I would like it to be in the ‘Anecdote’ category.
6. Ditched-in-Love Blogs: These blogs are initiated by the ones who have not had a good experience with their relationships. The main purpose of these blogs is to help their authors vent out their pent up frustration, anger and to get away with the terrible feeling of “being rejected”. Here, the initial posts usually are very pessimistic and slowly they turn on to become reflective.
7. Bitch-about-Others Blogs: These are the most pathetic blogs I have ever encountered. Most of the posts of such blogs, in some or the other way, aim at subtle bashing of those people whom the author detests but is afraid to tell it to them. Initially I used to be drawn to a catchy caption or a good beginning paragraph of such posts, just to realize later on that it is just a sweet little pseudo-beginning for an utterly uninteresting bitching session by the unreservedly frustrated author.
Ever wondered which category does your blog fall into?
1. Technical Blogs: These blogs are generally started by people belonging to IT community and the contents are mostly technical, focusing on a particular technology. I frequent these blogs when I need an answer to a particular programming related problem that I face in my day-to-day work. I must say these blogs help me to a great extent in solving such problems.
2. Poems and Prose Blogs: The creative of all blogs!!! Here amateur poets and poetesses dabble with words and I should certainly acknowledge that some outcomes are just superb!
3. Anne Frank Blogs: These are the blogs wherein the authors just record their daily experiences, be it there work, their routine or anything concerning their daily lives. Such blogs interest me a great deal coz I feel there is certain freshness in them since the posts have emerged out of the author’s first-hand experiences.
4. Anecdote Blogs: These blogs are a slightly different variation to the above mentioned “Anne Frank Blogs”. These are authored by people who think that not all mundane experiences are worth recording. So they’ll record only certain daily activities that they feel are special in some or the other way.
5. Sporadic Blogs: Another subset of “Anecdote Blogs”… in that the posts flow in irregularly and between long intervals. Guess my blog has started to fall in this category, though I would like it to be in the ‘Anecdote’ category.
6. Ditched-in-Love Blogs: These blogs are initiated by the ones who have not had a good experience with their relationships. The main purpose of these blogs is to help their authors vent out their pent up frustration, anger and to get away with the terrible feeling of “being rejected”. Here, the initial posts usually are very pessimistic and slowly they turn on to become reflective.
7. Bitch-about-Others Blogs: These are the most pathetic blogs I have ever encountered. Most of the posts of such blogs, in some or the other way, aim at subtle bashing of those people whom the author detests but is afraid to tell it to them. Initially I used to be drawn to a catchy caption or a good beginning paragraph of such posts, just to realize later on that it is just a sweet little pseudo-beginning for an utterly uninteresting bitching session by the unreservedly frustrated author.
Ever wondered which category does your blog fall into?

8 comments:
am wondering which one mine fits into :D
guess ur's is the blend of the best of all!!! :)
how about food blogs? for all those food lovers. I come across so many, especially when I am looking for recipes over the internet :)
I guess food blogs will be a subset of Technical Blogs since they contain accounts of cullinary technicalities... What say? :)
hey this was very informative!
@animesh,
Thanks buddy! :)
So which category do you think your blog falls into?
well i just started blogging so dont think where mine fits in... but the last one should be pretty interesting stuff to read... donno why u dint like it...:P
It definitely isn't dude! BTW... I think your blog will go the reflective way...
Post a Comment