Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ghost...

No matter how much I dart…
To seek my prospect
No matter how much I hunt…
For my destiny
No matter how much I struggle…
To shed my old colors
No matter how much I wait…
For a new spring to come
No matter how hard I try…
To sever ties with you
Still you hold on to me. Firm…
Like you have haunted me
My eerie past – you are my apparition…

The prompt in Sunday Scribblings for this week was "Ghost". This is my take for it...

15 comments:

Granny Smith said...

Nice take on the prompt. The repetition "No matter how..." increases the effectiveness and feeling of inevitability.

latree said...

i also have one that always haunted me, and hard to get away from...
great response to the prompt!

dandelion

Unknown said...

I can relate to this, loved this poem.

Rambler said...

hey lovely take on the prompt..

Crafty Green Poet said...

good use of repitition to underline the unescapability of the ghost

Linda Jacobs said...

I like this! Well done!

danni said...

our pasts just have a way of keeping us tangled, don't they??? --- great verse!!!

Beth Camp said...

I really like the energy of this poem, restless yet seeking, and then the ending, an unexpected O'Henry twist: how our past remains despite our best efforts to escape it! Interesting response to the prompt.

Archie said...

is this your composition?

Rashmi said...

@archie...

This sure is my composition...

Rashmi said...

@granny

Thanks alot! :)

@latree

For me, a haunting past was a mere idea for the prompt... am yet to experience it's intensity...
Thanks for dropping by... :)

Rashmi said...

@robin
I am glad this verse is empathetic... :)

@rambler
Thanks buddy! :)

@green poet
Thanks for the appreciation!

Rashmi said...

@Linda
Thanks!

@danni
Yea... u got me!!! :)
Thanks!

@beth
Feels great to get such a comment! Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

I too can identify with this kind of ghost - indeed my response to this prompt was about two such ghosts.

Tammie Lee said...

wonderful poem. I have memories of haunted thoughts as well.