Some songs just make a strong impression on your mind. Their lyrics, their music, their feel… they have a certain aura about them. Some songs are just magical. “Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield is one such song; currently my all time favorite. What I liked the most about the song is its lyrics. They are just so inspiring… they have an untamed, free emotion about them.
My favorite lines: “Today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten!”
For music lovers, here are the complete lyrics:
Unwritten
I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefinedI'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplannedStaring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten
I break tradition, sometimes my tries, are outside the lines
We've been conditioned to not make mistakes, but I can't live that way
Staring at…
The rest is still unwritten
- Natasha Bedingfield

1 comments:
"Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find"
I liked these lines a lot
Post a Comment